Monday, January 31, 2011

CVS Savings 1/31/2011

I just got back from a fabulous trip to CVS, where I managed to get the following:


You see above:
(1) Snickers Peanut Butter   ($0.89)
(1) Dark Chocolate Snickers  ($0.89)
(9) Aussie Hair Sprays   ($4.99 x 9 = $44.91)
(1) Aussie Leave-In Conditioner  ($4.99)
(1) Dove Hair Spray   ($5.49)
(2) Caramels [used as a filler item... more on those later]  ($0.33 x 2 = $0.66)
(1) Physician's Formula Bronzer  ($11.99)
(4) Dove women's deodorants ($4.79 x 4 = $19.16)

Total before sales & coupons: $88.98
Amount Saved:  $80.48 (90.44% saved!)
Total OOP: $9.84

A big part of the out-of-pocket was tax, which explains the difference in the OOP and grand total before sales and coupons.  Also, for some reason, at one of the stores I go to, they don't always charge tax on every item.  I'm not exactly sure why they don't, because every other CVS does, but I think it's a glitch in their computer system.

Yes, that is correct, ladies and gentlemen. I managed to get all  of this [minus that sweet boy... I'm still paying for him] for the low, low price of $9.84.  You can do this, too!

I broke it all down over 5 transactions, and went to two different CVS stores to do this.  It went like this:
Transaction #1:  (see sale price in parenthesis)
(4) Dove Deodorants (4 @ $3.50 each)
(1)Dove Hairspray  ($3)
(2) Aussie Hair Sprays (2 @ $2.99 each)
Used the following coupons:
-(4) $2/1 Dove deodorant -- 1/30 RP
-(1) BOGO Aussie product -- 12/26 P&G
-(1) $1/2 Aussie or Herbal Essences Products -- 1/30 P&G
-$10 Extra Care Bucks from last week
Total: $2.36, plus I got back $5 in ECBs for buying $15 worth of Dove, & $2 in ECBs for buying 2 Aussie products

Transaction 2:
(1) Physician's Formula Bronzer ($11.99)
(1) Aussie Hair Spray ($2.99)
(1) Aussie Leave in Conditioner ($2.99)
(2) Snickers bars (BOGO @ $0.89)
Used these coupons:
-(1) BOGO Aussie product -- 12/26 P&G
-(1) $1/2 Aussie or Herbal Essences Products -- 1/30 P&G
-$5 ECB [Dove]
-$2 ECB [Aussie]
-$3 ECB from last week
Total: $6.06, plus I got back $7 in ECBs for buying $10 of Physicians Formula, & $2 ECB from Aussie

Transactions 3, 4, & 5 were identical:
(2) Aussie Hair Spray (2 @ $2.99)
(1) Caramel ($0.33) -- used as a filler item, so that I would have as many items as I had coupons
Used the following coupons:
-(1) BOGO Aussie product -- 12/26 P&G
-(1) $1/2 Aussie or Herbal Essences Products -- 1/30 P&G
-$2 ECB [Aussie]
Total for each transaction: $0.47

Now, I'm left with $9 in Extra Care Bucks for next week [$7 from Physician's Formula & $2 from last Aussie transaction]!  

I know, it seems overwhelming and difficult, but I definitely DON'T recommend that any beginner start doing this much at one time.  START SMALL, and remember that every little bit of saving adds up!  

As always, feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or comments, or if you find any other deals worth knowing about!

2 comments:

  1. So I have a stupid question!

    I know that Ingles takes printed/internet coupons and that at least some CVS/Rite Aids/etc take them, but do the ones in the Upstate accept them? I've been wondering forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingles DOES take printed coupons, but many Ingles have started limiting the number they will take per order. Check with your local Ingles and read my very first blog post on grocery store couponing for more information. Ingles is like the Walgreens of grocery stores, in my opinion... they are not very coupon-friendly, and will often make up reasons not to take coupons.

    ReplyDelete