Sunday, May 22, 2011

The End.

I have spent more time than necessary thinking about shutting down this blog, and I've decided that it is the best thing to do.  Lately, I am totally and completely burned out on couponing.  I stopped working and thought that I would have more time to do these things, but it turns out that couponing is becoming so popular in this area that it is close to impossible to get deals for myself, much less alert anyone else about them.  

I am disgusted each time I visit a store lately and witness shelf-clearing, only to learn that most of these people only turn around and SELL the things that they are getting for FREE or really cheap.  That, to me, is totally unacceptable. Furthermore, I am more and more frustrated by the people that tell me that they were taught to coupon incorrectly.  "Barcode matching" and other unethical practices are totally uncalled for.  There are plenty of deals to be had without incorrectly using coupons.  These people are the reason why we are seeing fewer and fewer "great" coupons.  

I enjoyed this blog and matching deals and will be glad to help anyone that needs help, but I am done with the blog in general.  It is very hard to continue putting so much time and energy into something that, yes, is obviously growing to be very popular because the number of hits grow each time I post a new entry, but there are never any comments or even a "thank you".  As I told you all several entries ago, we are expecting a new baby in November, and I am very exhausted all the time on top of all of these reasons.  I do not have the time, energy, or lack of commitments to spend each day running from store to store to try to get deals.

It's been a good ride.  Thanks to all of the loyal readers.  "Like" Fabulously Frugal Upstate on Facebook for any future deal alerts -- everything will be moved there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment